Total distance: 24.69 kmDownload file: Maga_skyrace(1).gpx .
Max elevation: 1999 m
Min elevation: 820 m
1. Male and female athletes aged 18 and over can take part in the Maga Skyrace if they have a medical certificate showing fitness to competitive sports for the current season.
For all non-Italian runners, its necessary to present valid medical certification before the beginning of the competition.
The Race will take place on wild mountain environment, the path follows demanding slopes, there are equipped sections with ropes and chains, at these more technical points the assistance of mountain guides will be provied. For these reasons, a good physical preparation and maximum caution are necessary.
2. By registering, competitors release the organisers from any civil and criminal liability for damage to people or property that may occur during and after the race and therefore waive any recourse against the organisers in the event of damage and/or other consequences that may arise during and/or related to the competition. However, the organising committee declares that it is covered by civil liability insurance for risks arising from the organisation of the race.
Register here: Pico Sport
3. ATHLETES BEHAVIOUR
1. Competitors must follow the path markings and pass all control points.
2. The bib may not be changed and must be displayed and clearly visible throughout the competition.
3. Competitors may withdraw of their own accord or be forced to do so by the race director or one of the doctors present on the course. In the event of spontaneous withdrawal, athletes must inform the control staff, handing in their race number and carefully following the instructions of the control staff for their return.
4. In the technical parts, poles cannot be used, therefore those who have them are obliged to fold them up and put them in their rucksacks so as to have their hands free. If participants use poles and do not put them in their rucksacks, the mountain guides in charge of safety and/or the race director can disqualify them.
5. In the event of an accident, the athletes are obliged to cooperate, to come to the aid of any athletes in difficulty and to inform the nearest control post immediately. The jury will take into account the time spent assisting.
6. At any point during the race, the race director or a control officer may oblige competitors to wear a windproof jacket or any other compulsory clothing or equipment.
4. RACE CANCELLATION
1. In the event of weather conditions which constitute an objective danger for the competitors, the route may be modified at the sole discretion of the race director. The competition may be suspended and/or the route modified at any time, even if the race has already started.
2. In the event of a forced interruption of the race by the race organisers, an overall ranking will be drawn up taking into account the time obtained at the last control point.
3. In case of a shortened route the prize money will be halved. In case of cancellation of the competition the entry fee will not be refunded.
5. HEALTH ASSISTANCE SERVICES
All along the race path staff will be present and during the most difficult traits of the path, experts from the Soccorso Alpino (Alpine rescue team) and AKJA will be present. At the cut off points a Doctor from the Green Cross (Croce Verde) will be also present.
6. MAXIMUM TIME LIMIT
Maximum time limi for Maga Skyrace: the maximum time to finish the race will be 6h30′. There will be a cut off point at Passo di Zambla. The gate will be closed at 13.00.
1. Official timing and data are elaborated by a specialized organization.
2. The first 10 ten athletes are not allowed to cross the finish line together but only as a single Lady or Gentleman.
At all points of refreshments there will be beverage and suitable energetic supplies. It is severely not allowed to leave any left overs, waste or garbage along the race, outside the refreshing points or anywhere, penalty disqualified
The race will take place on mountain trails with a challenging route of ascents and descents, with some equipped stretches, fixed ropes and ferratas, passing through exposed ledges and steep rocky slopes of unstable stones and grassy meadows. Given the characteristics of the path we recommend suitable footwear and clothing. Gloves are also recommended.
It is mandatory to arrive at the start with a long-sleeved k-way, led headlamp and blanket. Failure to have the mandatory equipment will lead to penalties or disqualification. The use of poles is optional. During the technical traits, hands must be absolutely free, the mountain guide has the right to disqualify the athlete in case he/she is found with the poles in his/her hands.
10. CHECK POINTS
There will various mandatory check points along the path, if any athlet fails to pass one of them will risk the disqualification.
11. DISQUALIFICATION AND PENALTIES
The race Director and the Organising Committee reserve the right to impose penalties ranging from 3 minutes to disqualification, depending on the seriousness and repetition of the following infringements:
1. Leaving rubbish outside the areas designated as refreshment areas (+/-100 m).
2. Bib number not visible.3. Overtaking in sections equipped with fixed ropes.
4. Failure to pass through mandatory check points.
5. Unsportsmanlike conduct – as not assisting a participant in need of help.
6. Not carrying or not using the mandatory equipment.
7. Not following the instructions of the organisation or the judges.
8. Refusing to undergo a doping test or testing positive.
Any complaint must be written and sent to the competition office within one hour from the publication of the official classification, paying a fee of Euro 50.00 which will only be returned if the complaint is accepted. The decision of the jury, if taken by absolute majority, is final. In the event of a dispute, the ISF regulations and the decision of the ISF representative shall apply.
The complaint must necessarily contain the name of the complainant, the bib number and the reasons of the complaint.
13. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Should you require any further information, please write to: email@example.com
For anything not specified in these regulations, the rules of the International ISF apply.